Health and Wellness
The West Bloomfield School District the safety and well-being of all who work, play and learn within our buildings. We regularly consult with officials from the Oakland County Health Department on matter related to public health. We also partner with Oakland Schools to ensure consistency in outreach and communication related to public health.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Community Awareness Information
Rest assured, the West Bloomfield School District continues to work closely with and follow guidance from the Oakland County Health Division, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The best prevention for COVID-19, and any other virus, such as the cold or flu, is to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
If you are sick, please stay home and avoid contact with others.
For any questions, contact the Oakland County Health Division at (248) 858-1280 or firstname.lastname@example.org体育投注开户 or visit.
Subscribe to updates from the State of Michigan by filling out this .
Share accurate information
Always share accurate information about a virus and its spread. It is important to remember that stigma and discrimination occur when people associate an infectious
disease, such as COVID-19, with a population or nationality. COVID-19 does not target people from specific populations, ethnicities or racial background. Suspected discrimination can be reported to the Michigan Department of Civil Rights.
365体育投注开户Due to health concerns across the region, and attendance expected to be lower than projected, some events across the district will be rescheduled.
List of Events
Custodial Responsibilities during Closure:
- All buildings will be open 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
March 16 through March 20
- Initiate deep cleaning of buildings
- Includes cleaning of diffusers, air vents, light screens, walls, white boards, furniture, and casework.
March 23 through March 27
- Concentrate on Floors
- Mop, buff, burnish, strip/wax
- Clean all windows, bathrooms
March 30 thru April 3
- Check and replace ceiling tile, lights, filters
March 16 thru April 3
- Paint where needed in buildings, clean up outside buildings
365体育投注开户Operations Department leaders will be monitoring and recording daily what work has been completed.
Meal Program Information
We are committed to providing access to the nutrition West Bloomfield students need during their education outside the traditional classroom.
- Meals are FREE
- Meals are available to anybody 18 years old or younger
- Meals are also available to anybody up to age 26 who are enrolled in an educational program for the mentally or physical disabled that is recognized by a state or local public educational agency
- Preorders are REQUIRED
- Children do NOT have to be present claim their meal. Parents or siblings may pick up meals for all children in the household
- Meals should be consumed right away or properly refrigerated to maintain food safety
Contact the food service department at (248) 865-6732 and visit the meal service webpage for more information.
Use good hygiene practices to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases.
- Stay home if you are sick, and advise others to do the same.
- Always cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or sleeve.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and warm water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.